I tasted this side dish for the very first time only after I moved to Hyderabad. My SIL used to prepare this and I began to like it a lot. She is the one who taught me to prepare this. This dish makes a perfect combo with curd rice in summer! It also makes a great subji for rotis!
- 4 medium sized potatoes (pressure cooked for 3 whistles, peeled and cubed)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 4 red dried chillies
- 2 small onions chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 3 cups of fresh fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chilly powder
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, temper the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and dried chillies. As mustard seeds begin to crackle, add the onions and garlic. Saute it until it turns slightly brown.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, allow it to cook with the onions and wait till it shrinks into half of what it was.
- To this add salt, turmeric powder and chilly powder. Give it a mix.
- Now add the chopped pressure cooked potatoes. Stir fry it for 10 mins on low flame.