I’ve tried several chocolate cake recipes that’s titled ‘moist’. Although they turned out soft and spongy, they never were as moist as I expected them to be. But recently my quest for the perfectly moist chocolate cake came to an end when I found this recipe on Maria’s Menu. Thanks to her for getting this recipe from a professional baker. Now we can make bakery like chocolate cake right at home in just a few easy peasy steps!
Without much ado, let me share the recipe!
Recipe Adapted from – Marias’s Menu
- 1 cup maida
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/4 cup oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup coco powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Ingredients for Ganache
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (I used Amul Fresh Cream)
- 3/4 cup chopped chocolate (I used Dairy Milk Silk)
- Heat together – butter, oil, milk and coco powder until butter melts completely. Keep aside and allow it to cool.
- Sift together – maida, icing sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the egg light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and the sifted dry ingredients to the cooled wet ingredients and mix it well using a hand whisk.
- As your pre heat the oven for 10 ten minutes at 180 C degrees, grease you cake tin with butter and line it with baking paper. Pour your prepared batter in it.
- Bake for 30 mins. You can check if its completely baked by doing a toothpick test. Pierce a tooth pick in the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean, your cake is ready!
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool.
- For Ganache – Heat cream on low flame until it’s corners bubble. Turn off stove and pour it over your chopped chocolate. Allow it to rest for a couple of minutes and whisk it gently. Spread it over your cooled cake evenly.