Here’s a super quick rice recipe that pairs up so beautifully with any non-veg curry. This is such a time saver especially when you are expecting guests and have little time for preparation. You can concentrate on your non-veg curry while this gets cooked in no time at all!
- 2 cups rice
- 3.5 cups water
- 1 cup sweet corn (I used frozen)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 4 cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp shah jeera
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp refined oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, pour oil and ghee. Once medium hot, fry the onions. Remove them from the oil once they’ve turned crispy and golden brown. Keep aside.
- To the oil, add shah jeera, cloves, cardamom and bay leaf. As the spices crackle, drain the water from the rice and put the rice into the pressure cooker. Add 3.5 cups of water, turmeric powder, salt and sweet corn. Give the rice a good stir and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Once the pressure escapes, transfer the rice onto a serving vessel and garnish with the fried onions.