My grinder has been acting cranky lately. It’s been three weeks since the technician said he’ll come home in 5 minutes to fix it. Poor guy hasn’t arrived yet and here I am totally missing my tupperware container full of idly/dosa batter that I can always rely on when I am not in a mood for elaborate cooking!
Today is one of those days I’m just not in a mood for cutting and cooking. I didn’t want to bore my little girl with the stereo oats or ragi porridge. Just when I was racking my brain on what to do, a sudden thought occurred to me – why not try pancakes?
Thanks to Martha
aunty for her quick and easy peasy recipe!
- 1 cup maida
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp refined oil
- 1 cup milk
- In a bowl, whisk together maida, icing sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Gently fold the batter.
- Heat a non-stick dosa pan and pour one spoonful batter. Keep the flame medium.
- Wait until the surface of the pancake has bubbles and the corners are cooked. Carefully turn it over. Allow the surface to cook for a couple of minutes and remove from the pan.
- Serve with any topping of your choice (honey/whipped cream/strawberries/jam/etc)