Grinding idly batter is a weekly project for me. Once I have the batter, I needn’t worry about breakfast for the next four days. TH and KT are not too fussy when it comes to food. They’ll be happy just soaking their dosas in milk and sugar. But for me, I need a different chutney every morning. Peanut chutney is super easy to make and one of my childhood favorites!
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 4 – 5 dry red chillies
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 spring of fresh curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- Oil for tempering
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast peanuts, 2 red chillies and garlic.
- Once it cools, grind it into a fine paste adding water in small portions as required.
- Transfer the paste into a serving bowl. Add salt and a little more water depending on the consistency you prefer.
- In a small pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. Once it begins to splutter, add curry leaves and the remaining red chillies. Quickly turn off stove and pour it over your chutney.
- Serve with hot idlies or dosa.