I bought a packet of button mushrooms a couple of weeks back and I was on a hunt for a new recipe. Cooking & Me is one amazing food blog I recently discovered and I decided to head there for my recipe hunt. My hunt ended when I landed on this effortless and yummy recipe.
- 200g button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp saunf
- 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp chicken/mutton masala
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- Add the cornflour to a bowl of water and soak the mushrooms for 20 mins. This removes the dirt sticking to it. Drain water and chop the mushrooms.
- In a pan, heat a tablespoon of oil, add the cumin seeds and saunf. As it begins to crackle, add the onions and saute until it turns light brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, chicken/mutton masala and pepper powder. Saute until the ginger-garlic looses its raw smell.
- To the above mixture add the chopped tomatoes. Cover it with a lid and cook on low flame until the oil surfaces.
- Now add the chopped mushrooms. Mix it well with the masala mixture, cover it with a lid and allow it to cook for 10 minutes in its own juice.
- Turn off the stove, garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rotis or ghee rice.