For some reason, making rava dosas never occurred to me until my dad’s cousin posted it as a comment on one of my posts. So thanks to her!
- Dosa batter (approx 3 cups)
- 1 cup rava/sooji
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- A few curry leaves
- A few black pepper corns
- Some coriander leaves finely chopped
- Oil or ghee
- Mix the rava and ginger paste with the dosa batter.
- While some mix the other ingredients to the batter too, I don’t! Because it becomes difficult to spread the batter evenly on the tawa. So, once the tawa is hot enough for the batter to be spread (make sure its not too hot!), turn the flame down, spread the batter evenly and immediately (even as the batter is still wet) take a handful of the remaining ingredients (onions, green chillies, pepper corns, curry leaves and coriander leaves) and put it over the dosa. Increase the flame.
- Drizzle oil or ghee on the side and over the dosa.
- Turn over the dosa when its golden brown.
- Serve with sambar and chutney of your choice.