There are some foods that I enjoy munching even as I am preparing it. One such is this cauli-fry! By the time it reaches the table, half of it has already made its way to my tummy!
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp chicken masala
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash the cauliflower and cut it into medium size florets. Pour three cups of water in a vessel, add turmeric powder, a pinch of salt, immerse the cut cauliflower in it and bring the water to a boil. As soon as it begins to boil, turn off the stove, drain the water and allow the cauliflower to cool. (This cleans up the vegetable inside out killing tiny worms that often hide inside the florets.)
- To the cauliflower, add chicken masala, red chilly powder, pepper powder, rice flour and salt and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Deep fry in oil on medium flame until it turns golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.