Recently, I discovered this very easy method of preparing french fries by myself. It did turn out pretty tasty and my nephew who visited us last weekend told me he really enjoyed it! Here’s how you could make some for your kids!
- 3 large potatoes, cut in half
- Oil for deep frying
- Pressure cook the potatoes for 2 to 3 whistles. Once the pressure escapes, drain the water and allow the potatoes to cool down. (Since you pressure cook the potatoes, it consumes less oil and fries fast!)
- Gently peel the skin and cut the potatoes into stripes.
- Deep fry in oil until golden brown.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper/chilly powder/chaat masala and serve hot with tomato ketchup.