Over the last month, I have picked up some recipes and tips from the friends and families I visited in Tamil Nadu and I can’t wait to share them all with you!
Let me start with something easy thoosi 😉
Ulutham Paruppu Milagai Idly Podi is a super fast and super tasty podi that tastes amazing with hot and soft idlies or dosas!
- 1 cup Ulutham Paruppu/Urad Daal
- 3 dry red chillies
- 1/4 tpsp Asafoetida powder
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the Ulutham Paruppu and chillies in a pan on low flame until it turns medium brown. (Note – make sure you don’t under-roast it or burn it!)
- Transfer it into a plate, allow it to cool down and powder it in a mixie along with the required amount of salt and asafoetida.
- Pour gingelly oil and serve with hot idlies!