It was last Saturday. I had absolutely no plans of baking or trying out something new. I just wanted to sit back and enjoy a lazy weekend. But just as I randomly glancing through my blog, I noticed some of my favorite blogs in the blogroll. One click after another I found myself carried away by the cookie recipes on Baking Bites. And that’s where I found this recipe. It required just a handful of ingredients and luckily I had them all. I wasted no time, rushed to the kitchen and within just minutes my cookies were ready 🙂
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (pref. light)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line the oven tray with butter paper greased with butter.
- In a bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients – all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In an another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients – the oil, honey and vanilla essence.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet using your hand until well combined.
- Add the walnuts and see to it it is well distributed in the cookie dough.
- Make 12 round balls and flatten it a little. Place it on the baking tray and bake for not more than 15 minutes until the cookies turn golden brown.
- Cool cookies on a cooling rack for an hour.
Note – The cookies may not appear fully done when you take it out of the oven. It will appear a little soft. But once it cools down it will harden!