Here’s the first dish I prepared from this book:
- 5 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp onion seeds
- 5 dried red chilies
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 4 pieces of fish (I have used vanjaram)
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a deep round frying pan. Lower the heat slightly and add the onion seeds, dried red chillies, garlic slices and onion. Saute until onion turns a little golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut, salt and coriander powder. Stir thoroughly and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drop the fish pieces into the mixture and turn them over gently until they are well coated.
- Cook fpr 5-7 minutes, lowering the heat if necessary. Add the lime juice and fresh coriander leaves and cook further for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice.